Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ancient, timeless fashion


One of my favorite new, young designers is Esteban Cortazar, and his very Roman and Greek ancient style dress here at TheOutnet is just gorgeous. His style is reminiscent of the lost ancient technique of making Delphos gowns, like those of 1920's Mariano Fortuny. I'd buy it, but I'd only be hanging it on my wall to admire. There's a little more of his work at TheOutnet here and at Net-A-Porter.

If you like new, young designers, be sure to read NotJustaLabel, where they profile a ton of them.

If you love Indian clothes and the lovely pieces they often feature in Bollywood and Tamil films, be sure to check out Manish Malhotra who has incredible desi clothes. The colors are gorgeous and strong--I really like the teal/turquoise/green sari here.

No comments:

Post a Comment