Sunday, April 20, 2014

Object form


There is nothing more beautiful that style, than simplicity in it. The pendulum can go too far either way, too Scandinavian [though I love you all] or too bright [like parts of South America and the Mediterranean, which is all beautiful]--true balance between things is rare. I like the Japanese interest in shibui (渋い) but do not always feel their interior design and aesthetic reaches it.

I like the esty shop TribalExport and their beautiful emerald ring here, which is just too gorgeous. They have a million cool pieces, many of which actually look Berber to me, though I believe most are from India. It reminds me of how the Etruscans were thought to come from Asia, to be different from the peoples that surrounded them in Italy. Their art was certainly quite different, here's more info.

The bright glowing stone platters/sheets/big pieces from Brazil from Rablabs here are incredible, I saw them at AuCourantDaily here and loved them.

There were also some cool photos from Gaza in the Middle East of women in various jobs in the NYT here; it's always neat to see the landscape of the Middle East too here; and there are some pretty photos of nearby Egypt on reddit here. Now I want some man'ouche!

No comments:

Post a Comment