Sunday, April 20, 2014

Toward Summer links


Up top I want to feature a painting "Le baiser" [The kiss] by Auguste Toulmouche [1829-1890]. Be sure to see his "The admiring glance" and "The note" as well, all classics. The room interiors of "Le baiser" have an interesting resemblance to Roman building interiors--really interesting, so read about it if you love ancient art and Rome.

One adorable new summer thing I just saw was translucent colored sunglasses at ThisCPH here. I like how they're differentiated but not loud--or boring. I don't like either extreme.

One other thing to highlight as summer comes is Linnea Strind's paintings, which have a beautiful fluidity and seem to be very sharp. There are more here at ThisCPH here. I really like her wave paintings as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment