Monday, April 14, 2014

Music Rec

If you like Lana del Rey, whose song 'Young and beautiful' was on the recent The Great Gatsby soundtrack [I also liked 'A little party never killed nobody'], be sure to try Kyla La Grange--and if you prefer Lana's work to be mixed, like me, try these:

Kyla La Grange- Cut your Teeth [Kygo Remix]
Lana del Rey - Milltion Dollar Gold Digger [LdR vs. Kanye West]

Also make sure to hear Lana's take on 'Once Upon a Dream', which has a great creepy vibe. Turn the lights on first! I also liked Lana's 'Body electric', a Whitman quote. Be sure to check out some Whitman [1819-1892] as well, the famous American poet. You can read his famous Leaves of Grass right here. Here's a little excerpt from 'I sing the body electric':


     1
  I sing the body electric,
  The armies of those I love engirth me and I engirth them,
  They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them,
  And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the soul.

  Was it doubted that those who corrupt their own bodies conceal themselves?
  And if those who defile the living are as bad as they who defile the dead?
  And if the body does not do fully as much as the soul?
  And if the body were not the soul, what is the soul?

       2
  The love of the body of man or woman balks account, the body itself
      balks account,
  That of the male is perfect, and that of the female is perfect.
 [...]

No comments:

Post a Comment