Monday, April 21, 2014

Latitude

- With maps, I either love them or hate them. They are tricky to get right, but are as beautiful as art sometimes. I saw the map as art post on HWTF and really, Majesty Maps & Prints here has all the great pictures and maps. I love the photo above and the map too.

- Also be sure to look at the beautiful photos of old, abandoned and time worn estates, palaces and buildings of the German Sven Fennema photographer here on HWTF. It makes even sloths want to become urban explorers--which would be especially neat in countries like Italy and Indonesia, I think.

- One of my favorite places for beautiful objects is Bly, which spans the globe with imports from everywhere. They've got Mexican stuff, things from India and Malaysia, it just goes on and on. I want all the beautiful kitchenware pieces from Morocco here. It's like an expanded, huge, awesome version of the little NYC store Kiosk.

Actually these Moroccan Azilal carpets from Imports from Marrakesh make me want to just use all my leisure money on carpets--and hang them on the wall. I find that they are often so beautiful they're more like art than anything else. It's fascinating how they're very modern art-like and yet ancient beyond words. Truly an incredible tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment